ICC certified Incoterms®2020 Trainers and Trainings in Switzerland
Being an ICC Registered Trainer means that the trainer has gone through a rigorous selection process, and that - by passing the ICC Academy exam which tests the trainer’s understanding of the new Incoterms® 2020 rules - he/she has a measurable level of expertise, ensuring that those taking part in the training can be assured that they are getting the best and ICC recognised advice.
Only National Committees and Groups may appoint candidates to receive this qualification. If ICC Headquarters receives a spontaneous application, they will direct the person to the relevant National Committee. The qualification is valid for use in the country/territory of the National Committee for a period of two years (renewable). Successful candidates will be able to use the qualification of ICC Registered Trainer on Incoterms® 2020 subject to the general conditions described in the Guidelines and the particular conditions agreed upon with the sponsoring NC. Their names will be featured on the Incoterms® section of the ICC global website.
Please find the ICC Switzerland recogized trainers below.
Becoming an ICC Registered Trainer on Incoterms® 2020 in Switzerland
Candidates interested in becoming an ICC Registered Trainer on Incoterms® 2020 in Switzerland have to apply to ICC Switzerland via
- The candidate must be an ICC Switzerland Gold Member.
- Documents to be submitted to ICC Switzerland include a CV, certificates, qualifications regarding knowledge of Incoterms® and other trade tools, and qualifications regarding teaching experience.
- The Incoterms® 2020 Certificate (INCO) of the ICC Academy is not mandatory but will serve as evidence of knowledge of the Incoterms® 2020.
ICC Switzerland will review the documents according to an open and fair selective process, in compliance with the general charter communicated by ICC. If the requirements are met, the candidate is eligible to take the ICC Academy Trainer Examination.
For more information about the ICC Academy Trainer Examination, please click here.
After passing the ICC Academy Trainer Examination, a Swiss trainer may use the qualification “ICC Registered Trainer on Incoterms® 2020 in Switzerland”.
- All trainers who wish to apply to be an ICC Registered Trainer on Incoterms® 2020 in Switzerland must enter into an agreement with ICC Switzerland.
- Candidates must already be certified trainers with classroom experience of teaching Incoterms® and other trade tools.
- All interested trainers must take the ICC Academy Trainer Examination and obtain a pass grade of 85% or more.
- Successful trainers will receive an ICC Academy certificate and a unique ICC Academy reference number (valid for 3 years). They will be listed on a) the ICC website, b) the Incoterms® app and c) in the ICC Digital Library.
- It is important that the Swiss trainer be identified as an “ICC Registered Trainer on Incoterms®2020 in Switzerland ” and not simply as an “ICC Registered Trainer” or “ICC Trainer” because: a) The agreement to teach on Incoterms®2020 in Switzerland will be between the trainer and the Swiss National Committee, not between the trainer and ICC Headquarters and b) we are recognizing the trainer as an ICC Trainer of Incoterms®2020, NOT as an ICC trainer in another subject.
- Swiss trainers are not allowed to use the “ICC Registered Trainer on Incoterms® 2020 in Switzerland” label for trainings that are not endorsed by ICC Switzerland.
- ICC Switzerland is responsible for monitoring the trainer, the quality of their trainings, and their use of ICC’s IP, particularly the logo and Incoterms® 2020 text.